We’re excited to announce the opening of the first two-way Bitcoin ATM in Ireland. You can now buy as well as sell Bitcoins for cash using the Boinnex Bitcoin ATM in Cork.
The process of buying bitcoins at this machine is quite similar to our previous machine at this location. The machine has some nice additional features such as NFC card compatibility and paper wallet printing.
To to sell bitcoins at this Bitcoin ATM you follow the following process:
- Choose “Sell bitcoins” option in the menu
- Define amount of transaction to sell (depending on the amount you will need to verify your identity).
- Then a receipt will be printed, which will contain a bitcoin address and instructions to send. The same QR code also has a redeem code, which will be used later for getting cash from the bitcoin ATM.
- After sending bitcoins to the given address you will need to wait for network confirmation ( it may take 15-20 mins). You’ll receive a text confirming when you can redeem your cash.
- Use the machine again and choose “Redeem ticket” option to start and scan the same QR code from receipt
- You will be given cash immediately and a receipt of the transaction